Press Releases
LONG BRANCH, NJ – Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) released the following statement after the Trump administration announced that it would decertify the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, known as the Iran Nuclear Agreement:
Washington, D.C. – Energy and Commerce Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) released the following statement today following President Trump’s decision to default on the Cost-Sharing Reduction (CSR) payments that help millions of Americans purchase health insurance:
Long Branch, NJ- Today, Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) attended the school breakfast program at Thurgood Marshall Elementary School to highlight the importance of school breakfast programs throughout New Jersey. The program provides federal assistance to states to operate nonprofit breakfast programs in schools and residential childcare institutions. Congressman Pallone has been a strong advocate for funding for school nutrition programs throughout his time in Congress.
Long Branch, NJ- Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) released the following statement on his vote against H.Con.Res. 71 – the Fiscal Year 2018 Republican Budget Resolution.
Washington, D.C. –Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) delivered the following opening remarks today at a Full Committee markup of legislation to reauthorize the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Community Health Centers (CHC), and other important public health programs.
Long Branch, NJ- Today at the Metuchen High School football field, Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) announced the introduction of the Cardiomyopathy Health, Education, Awareness, Research and Training in Schools (HEARTS) Act of 2017. The bill combats Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA), the leading cause of death at schools. In the U.S. there are 600,000 people with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and there are nearly one million with other conditions that can cause SCA in young people. According to the CDC, one student athlete falls victim to SCA every three to four days.
Washington, DC – Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) issued this statement after the horrific shooting in Las Vegas last night.
"I am devastated and horrified by the tragedy that took place in Las Vegas last night. This senseless act is abhorrent and contrary to the principles that we hold dear. I know that all Americans will stand with the victims, their families and the entire city of Las Vegas during this difficult time.
WASHINGTON, DC – Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-6) announced that his office will be participating in the Congressional App Challenge, an app competition for U.S. high school students. The Challenge submission period will run through November 1, 2017. The competition is open to all students who meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of coding experience.
Washington, DC Returning to the US after a visit to Armenia during the week celebrating Armenia's independence, Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr (NJ-06). said, "The progress of the country economically and politically is immediately evident. I visited Armenia several times in the 1990s and early 2000s. Great strides have been made in terms of economic development and improvements in the political system since then," said Pallone.
Washington, D.C. – This week, Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06), the founder of the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans, and Congressman Ami Bera (CA-07), the Vice Ranking Member on the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the longest serving Indian-American in Congress, introduced HRes.786, expressing the sense of Congress that India should have a permanent seat on the United Nation's Security Council. The resolution would put the U.S. House of Representatives officially on record in support of India's bid and has 7 original cosponsors.