I know that for many working families the cost of paying medical bills without health insurance can be overwhelming. That is why I pushed to enact the Affordable Care Act, which provides insurance through the federal healthcare marketplace. I’m working to make sure all New Jerseyans are aware of the open enrollment period and what they can do to get covered.
- The online marketplace at www.healthcare.gov is open for insurance sign-ups November 1 – December. 15.
- The health insurance marketplace provides many coverage options for consumers to choose from.
- A majority of New Jersey residents qualify for subsidies that help bring down their costs for insurance premiums. Last year, 79 percent of New Jersey enrollees received help paying for their premiums.
- November 1 – December 15 is the only window this year for people to sign up for coverage that begins January. 1.
- Those already covered through the insurance marketplace should also go online at www.healthcare.gov to update their information if necessary and compare options.
Free help is available. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or click away. The Call Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – call 1-800-318-2596. Or visit https://localhelp.healthcare.gov where you will find organizations in your area that may be able to assist you.
I hope that you will take the time to explore you healthcare options this fall and ensure that your family is covered. Please contact my Long Branch office at (732) 571-1140 or my New Brunswick office at (732) 249-8892 if you need additional information or assistance.
Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06)