E-Newsletter: My Priorities for the Next Congress
Based on the recent elections, I will have the opportunity to act on many important issues that that will make a difference in the lives of millions of New Jerseyans. In January, I intend to become the next Chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee, which oversees many important issues, including: healthcare, the environment, the internet and broadband, and consumer protection.
As Chairman, I will push policies to build a stronger economy, create more good-paying jobs and protect consumers from skyrocketing costs that make it increasingly difficult to make ends meet. We’ll also conduct vigorous oversight of the Trump Administration, so Washington starts to works again for the people, not special interests.
Below is a list of items that I have fought for throughout my career and will prioritize in the next Congress:
- Lower health care and prescription drug costs;
- Undo the Trump Administration’s efforts to sabotage our health care system;
- Strengthen Medicare and Medicaid;
- Rebuild America by investing in green energy, drinking water and broadband infrastructure;
- Address climate change by looking at the impacts on communities and the economy, and holding the Administration accountable for its policies that make it worse;
- Restore environmental protections gutted over the last two years;
- Protect net neutrality;
- Provide meaningful privacy and data security protections.
These priorities are incredibly important for keeping New Jersey safe, affordable and prosperous for working families for generations to come. Please take a moment to let me know how you feel about these issues by contacting me on website at pallone.house.gov or on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Congressman Frank Pallone