Congressman Pallone stands with Middle Class families in New Jersey that are working to fight for better wages, benefits and conditions at their places of employment. His highest priority is to create jobs while advancing a ‘Make It In America’ agenda to stop the flow of jobs overseas.
Protecting American Jobs
- Congressman Pallone voted against the South Korea, Panama and Columbia Free Trade Agreements. While it is important to create new jobs, it is essential that jobs are kept here in the United States. These agreements lack sufficient enforceable core labor standards and lead to the shipment of jobs overseas.
- Congressman Pallone supports a ‘Make It In America’ agenda to support job creation today and in the future. The ‘Make it in America’ agenda encourages businesses to make products and innovate in the US and sell them to the world through strengthening the country's infrastructure and supporting investments in key areas like education and energy innovation.
Fair Labor and Wages
- Congressman Pallone co-sponsored the Paycheck Fairness Act, which strengthens the Equal Pay Act to help close the wage gap between women and men working the same jobs.
- Congressman Pallone supports the use of Project Labor Agreements for federal construction contracts to ensure efficiency and encourage respect for fair labor standards.
- He supports the Davis-Bacon prevailing wage standards. The Davis-Bacon Act was designed to ensure that government spending does not drive down local wages and living standards.